Sunday, April 19, 2009

God's Love

It has been a while since my last post due to some family health issues. My family and I spent a week and a half in St. Louis dealing with these issues. This trip was a challenge for me. I felt like I had little control over food choices. I tried wherever possible to make good choices but went through the 10 days VERY unsure of myself. One day when walking into the hospital God spoke to me. In the hall just before the lobby was the thought of the day. It read "You can take yourself out of God's will but not God's love." I thought back to how many times over the last several years that I have been out of God's will for my life because of my weight. Despite that though God was sending me a gentle reminder that "I love you!" In 1 John 3:1 (I particularly like the version in the Message) we are told "What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we're called children of God! That's who we really are." What a comfort and a blessing to know that's who I really am!

I am pleased to report that even though I was discouraged at how I did during the trip, the scales said something different. We were gone 10 days but the way my meeting days fall it had been 3 weeks since my last weigh in. In those 3 weeks I lost 5.2 lbs for a total of 7.8 lbs. Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog!! Woohoo!

    Susan, I am so proud of your listening to God and realizing that He is totally in control of our lives!! You are precious!! Looking forward to your next post!!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete