Saturday, March 28, 2009

My First Weigh In

It's been one week and I had my first weigh in today. I lost 2.6 lbs. Hooray!! I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I was thrilled. I've learned a lot about myself this week. First of all I learned that I really do like a variety of foods. I am a creature of habit and tend to go for the same tried and true things. This week I learned to go outside of my box and experiment with more variety of foods. I also learned that I am stronger than I realize. Even though I had my share of temptations this week, I was able to resist. That is not something I've been good at in the past. It's amazing when you truly put things in God's hands what can happen and the strength he can give you. Deuteronomy 31:6 says "Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The Lord your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you or forsake you." This week with God's help I was able to be strong. I was not afraid of the weight loss ahead of me and how daunting that seems. God did not fail me. Praise be to God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment